Can you climb the Path of Champions? Compete in a 10-match gauntlet against the WWE’s greatest WWE Legends, WWE Superstars and Tag Teams. Along the way, the story progresses with cutscenes from Undertaker, Randy Orton and D-Generation X. Path of Champions presents three unique storylines in this ladder-style tournament. We break them down for you here:
- Path of Champions Legends – The Undertaker
- The World Heavyweight Championship is on the line at SummerSlam. Can you defeat 10 of WWE’s battle-hardened WWE Legends and defeat Undertaker? Paul Bearer, Taker's old manager, welcomes you to his funeral parlor, as Undertaker emerges from a standing casket. He has a message for the player – “Rest in Peace!” There are plenty of surprises and more cutscenes along the way as you move your way up to face “The Phenom!”
- Path of Champions Superstars – Randy Orton
- “The Apex Predator,” Randy Orton, has pitted the WWE Superstars against you. Can you defeat them all in various grueling matches to face him at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship? In the opening cutscene, Randy Orton holds up the WWE Championship and tells you to “get a look at greatness!” “The Viper” vows that should you face him at WrestleMania, he will end your career!
- Path of Champions Tag Team – D-Generation X
- It’s time to determine the greatest Tag Team in WWE history. Can you survive the WWE’s greatest WWE Legends and WWE Superstars and defeat D-Generation X at WrestleMania? Triple H and Shawn Michaels are the self-proclaimed greatest Tag Team in WWE history, and they announce they are here to stake their claim to the WWE Tag Team Championship. And if you’re not down with that, they’ve got two words for you ... SUCK IT!
- The theme for this game mode is Hell March 3 (Remix) from EA's Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.